How are you finding the forum

Moderator: Admin

Eileen

How are you finding the forum

Post by Eileen » 10 Mar 2013, 12:44

Hi Folks,
Now we have been running for a while is there anything you would like added or altered. I have noticed a slight drop off of members in the Music section performances. As you know this section is for players of all abilities from proffesional to beginners and help is always availiable if needed. Forums do rely on input to keep them interesting, so any music or keyboard information is always welcome. Please let me know if I can make things better for you, after all a forum belongs to its members.

Genos and S970.

Pamela

Re: How are you finding the forum

Post by Pamela » 10 Mar 2013, 13:11

Hi Eileen, I have no problems with the forum, I think they are all pretty quiet at the moment, Waiting for the new Keyboard to come out... Pam

SteveR

Post by SteveR » 10 Mar 2013, 14:16

Eileen, I've found the forum to be both an inspiration and informative, even if I haven't added anything musical. I do like hearing of other people's difficulties and the various helpful answers (It makes me feel a little less ignorant!) but I also thoroughly enjoy listening to people's renditions of a multitude of music. It sometimes even makes me have a go at replicating their efforts myself. Full marks to everyone who has contributed in every way. You all make the forum have a 'coo' factor. All in all, it's a good mix. I like it!

Steve

geoff

Post by geoff » 10 Mar 2013, 21:12

Hi Eileen
I find the forum fine, but as you say it would be nice to see a few more postings from other people who have joined the forum,
Members should be aware, help where posssible, to questions regarding keyboards, music etc. will be given.

seawolf

Post by seawolf » 10 Mar 2013, 22:43

Maybe a "How is it Done" section would inspire more participation, There must be lots like me who would love to be able

to do the things this keyboard is capable of besides the basics of playing, editing, settings etc but can't understand the manual,

a few idiot guides would be much appreciated I'm sure.

Tom

PS I'll give you an example, I can't read music, so sit down and play out of my head, I always record to the midi side, and
when satisfied transfer it to the wav side,
now I can record on the midi side and get it 98% but there is always a little blip that spoils it, with my limited knowledge, that means I have to scrap the whole thing and start again, I'm sure there is a way of "editing "these blips which would save me a lot of time and frustration.
every time I think, I think I think a thought

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure

I'm a self made man. I just used shoddy materials.

If at first you don't succeed, Don't try SKYDIVING

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 10 Mar 2013, 23:48

Hi Tom,
There is a how is it done section on here where I have put some articles that may help. If blips are caused with the melody line then Punch IN-OUT asigned to a pedal is a good way of putting some errors right.The other way is to go into song creater and move the notes to the right place.This only works if the timing is still OK and you have not been thrown by the wrong notes you have played. I will go through these methods at Skegness and then when back home will do a write up on them.

Genos and S970.

Graham from Derby

Post by Graham from Derby » 11 Mar 2013, 15:59

Tom as asked the question that is exactly the same problem I have. But you mentioned the dreaded timming. Can not wait to see you demonstate this at Skegness.

Graham
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 12 Mar 2013, 00:02

Hi Graham,
Have just finished putting the programme together which I will post up tomorrow.

Genos and S970.

Ken Prescott

Post by Ken Prescott » 20 Mar 2013, 15:47

Eileen: Apart from your Forum, I log onto one other on a regular basis, As yet I do not submit any of my playing to be listened to by others, I do try to post on opinion on the playing,(tracks) that are submited, even is it is a simple, I enjoyed that.
In my 40's/50's I did 10 years active work for The Multiple Sclerosis Society, so I know, the extent of time that is taken to run things like a forum.
Now I am widowed, and have moved on, I do not belong to either a keyboard club, or an organ society, so my listening is either via, the two forums, or by Youtube;

So Eileen, at the moment, I am sure that you are in control, do well, are appreciated, and above all well thought of

Ken Prescott

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 20 Mar 2013, 18:12

Thank you Ken,
It is very nice to hear you enjoy your trips to the forum, and enjoy listening to the music posted and comment on it. It is always good for members to know there music is enjoyed.

Genos and S970.

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 27 Mar 2013, 13:48

I have been noticing a fall of on the performance side of the forum just lattely. I hope it is because you are all practising for Skegness ;)
Seriously though please let me know if there is something I can do to improve it for you.

Genos and S970.

Ken Prescott

Post by Ken Prescott » 28 Apr 2013, 08:05

As to the Forum, and how do you find it, well this morning I found it bright and early, up at 6.30 after being awake for quite some time.

Now, as to Skegness, I would have loved to have been there, but I have to admit, during my 57 years with Peggy my late wife, I would have mentioned it, and her reply, would have been, you go, I have the children and the grandchildren very close to me.
Now, I have to admit, I have adjusted to make sure that Sheila and I do things, which appeal to both of us, So, I will be getting in touch, to buy a DVD of the event, so that I can then put faces to names,

Submitting my playing: It looks like I will never get round to it, unless I find a friend close enough to come and sit with me, and give me support and advice.

Eileen: My thanks to you for running the forum, and to Ray for supporting you.

Graham from Derby

Post by Graham from Derby » 28 Apr 2013, 08:30

Hi Ken
Nice post
While I agree that we must work as a team with our partners and do things together there must be thing each do that is not wholly in accord with our partner.
Jenny and I have hobbies poles apart but we still enjoy them together.Jenny is a sowing fanatic , make lots of her own clothes but I still help her when required, spend hours going round shops with her. Not by choice but together. She loves garden centrers so I take her. I like Model railways , Jenny goes with me to exhibitions and says she likes to see the layouts. Maybe she dose. We embrace each others interests. She came to Skegness with me. She dose not play keyboard and is tone deaf. But she likes to chat to people and also off she goes round the shops. Compromise. It works for us. She also enjoys the people at the meet and has a laugh. We found not nembracinging each others interests caused friction. One hobby we do both enjoy together is dancing.
What I am trying to say is Bring Sheila next time. I am sure she will enjoy chatting with the other orchestra wives Ken.

Graham
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 28 Apr 2013, 12:46

Hi Ken,
Nice to have your views. Ray is tone deaf but still says he enjoys my playing although he dose not understand any of it. We have quite a few members at our meetings that are not into the technical part of music, so Skegness is a great place to go as there are so many other things you can do during the day and places you can visit. There is a good bus service to take you around if not wanting to stay in while the technical part of the meetings are going on. It works very well.
I am pleased you are enjoying the forum and I am always open to suggestion's to improve it.

Genos and S970.