Sound Wonderland

Moderator: Admin

lesh

Sound Wonderland

Post by lesh » 19 Apr 2014, 15:10

As I can see and hope the Sound Wonderland discussions and topics expanding greatly in the future. perhaps it would be a good idea to have a Soundwonderland section of its own on this forum? Also the software etc cover a few Yamaha keyboards and some requests could get over looked and lost in other topics.

It would also make it easer for Heidrun and Soundwonderland to deal with issues and requests or past on Soundwonderland news easer?

Just a thought?

Les harber

Heidrun

Re: Sound Wonderland

Post by Heidrun » 19 Apr 2014, 18:15

Hi Lesh,

that is surely a good thought for all of us, thank you for this idea.

I only want to avoid that members think that I use this forum only as an advertising platform.
Surely I cannot take part in all your discussions and I hope that you all can understand this.

I spend daily some hours to help others by telephone and email.

Surely it would be a very good help for the players and as well for me to have a place where
I can answer to your questions.

Kind regards, Heidrun

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 19 Apr 2014, 23:06

Hi Heidrun,
I will set up a section for you if it will help yourself and the members.

Genos and S970.

Michael R

Post by Michael R » 20 Apr 2014, 00:18

Hi Eileen. I haven't got any of Heidrun's regostrations yet but intend to do very soon. I think it would be a good idea to have a section dedicated to Sounds Wonderland. Heidrun doesn't doesn't seem the type of person to take an unfair advantage of such a thing. Obviously, they want to make money but they do seem genuinely interested in helping people to get the most out of their keyboards.

Michael
Genos, Fender Precision bass, Orange Bass Amp.

lesh

Post by lesh » 20 Apr 2014, 08:55

Hi Michael

I agree Michael which is why I suggested having the section, Sound Wonderland have a lot of education video and information in pdf form on the www which forum members could share the links or comment on. I have watched a few and still have sore fingers from trying some of the keyboard education tips.
Also, any issue or requests are kept in one area of the forum making it easier for Sound Wonderland and Heidrun, it would also form historical value in the future.

I to will be purchasing a registration pack hopefully today as I have now registered with Sound, so let you know how I get on.

Les harber

Heidrun

Post by Heidrun » 20 Apr 2014, 09:45

Hi folks,

that I am very interested to help others is viewable in all things I do.
It begun with "heidruns-musikerseiten.de" - and my tutorial videos are
a continuation in a very special way.

I don't think that you will find any keyboard software company worldwide
that gives so much advice to their clients as we do.

The reason is, that I suffered a lot as I watched the cracks, starting to demonstrate Yamaha Clavinovas
in southwest Germany.
"I will never reach that - better give it up" - how often was this in my mind?
This feeling I will never forget.

Also before that time I always wished to know people that can teach me in musical and technical matters, but there was nobody around me.
You must know, I had no contact to other musicians till the year 2000.
Others laughed that I hesitated so long.
My first computer and with it the internet opened up a new world for me.

I know exactly how most of the players feel with their limited knowledge:
hearing it daily at telephone or by mail - and remembering my own feelings.

Surely it is an advantage for me to have a Soundwonderland section here.
Eileen can confirm that I was unsure to say yes, cause I don't want to be too pushy.
But if there are several forum members with the same opinion as yours
I am reassured.

It is your decision - I only can say thank you if I am also welcome like this.

Kind regards, Heidrun
Last edited by Heidrun on 20 Apr 2014, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

plumbo

Post by plumbo » 20 Apr 2014, 12:26

We can all benefit from this arrangement.

Soon after becoming aware of what Soundwonderland do & offer I too considered putting the same suggestion forward. My concern was that this may be "political" and I did not follow through.

Thank you Eileen for looking at the bigger picture, Thank you Heidrun for being willing to participate.

Regards
John

lesh

Post by lesh » 20 Apr 2014, 15:00

Hi all

Just downloaded my set of registrations from Sound Wonderland, so its off to the music room come spare bedroom for a few hours :-))

Les harber

Roland

Post by Roland » 20 Apr 2014, 16:16

Hello Folks,

I think this is a really great idea by Lesh. And that Eileen is being so kind to go forward with it shows the true spirit of this forum - I know here I am home :D

Heidrun said something very interesting in her post - the part about the Internet. If one thinks about that, it's only roughly 30 years since it took off - and how has it ever changed this world. Without it, there would be no forums like this one here - and it would be really difficult to find like-minded folks to exchange music ideas and information, short of building dedicated "Tyros Churches" in every town where I'd have to drive to every Sunday :lol:

Anyway - just wanted to thank Lesh for his idea, and Heidrun and Eileen for being such great sports.

Cheers and have a Happy Easter all, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D

lesh

Post by lesh » 20 Apr 2014, 21:11

Thanks Roland,
Looks like the new section is up and running, I only hope I didn't cause anyone too much trouble setting it up.

think it will be good for all..

Les