Suggestion for the Home Page

Moderator: Admin

Audrey Turner

Suggestion for the Home Page

Post by Audrey Turner » 07 Oct 2012, 00:27

Now that the Introductory section is taking up two pages and promises to use more in the future (which is good of course) I think it would be better to have these in a a 'Folder' on their own and have the 'Yamaha Keyboards' section on the Home Page. After all, this is what the Forum is about isn't it?

Just a thought!

Audrey

Eileen

Re: Suggestion for the Home Page

Post by Eileen » 07 Oct 2012, 11:42

Hi Audrey,
We do not have a home page as such.The forum in its self is the home page and the welcome to new members is in a folder, so far containing two pages.I can how ever bring the keyboard information section higher up the page if that will help.

Tyros 5 and S970.

seawolf

Post by seawolf » 07 Oct 2012, 20:09

It seems early days yet to consider "tinkering" with the forum format, we are all just getting used to what to do

here and find our way around.

Audrey's suggestion may well be relevant in a few months time when everything has settled down, but for the moment I would

not try to "fix" something that's not "broken".

i find that "home" pages tend to cause controversy among members who feel their particular favourite item is not getting

enough preference, where, as we are at the moment, everything gets equal "billing".

It would be good to hear other members thoughts on this.

Tom
every time I think, I think I think a thought

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure

I'm a self made man. I just used shoddy materials.

If at first you don't succeed, Don't try SKYDIVING

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 07 Oct 2012, 22:08

Hi Tom
I am always open to suggestions to make the forum easier for members and hope I don't give preference to any subject. They are all important in there own way and I hope enjoyable. I have bought the keyboard section up a little. This is because on a lot of forums Yamaha do occasionaly take a quick peak and so it is easy for them to find it. As you can see the forum is very simple and is confind to one page only, which is easy to navigate.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Ken Prescott

Post by Ken Prescott » 24 Oct 2012, 13:17

It may have been noted, I am not the best organised person. but not only do I find the forum, interesting, frendly, and helpfull, I manage to find my way around it.

Keep up the good work.

Ken Prescott

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 24 Oct 2012, 14:20

Thank you very much Ken for thoses kind words.I am very pleased you are enjoying being a member here.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Your Excelency

Post by Your Excelency » 26 Oct 2012, 17:57

Having seen other forums and found them quite hard to take in I think this one is well laid out and easier to navigate. I don't get on often now due to other commitments but when I look at a forum where everything is bundled into one section, ie games, quizzes, chatterboxes etc etc it comes over to me as being cluttered with loads of material I aren't particularly interested in, I prefer the headed folders approach where you go in and find precisely what you expect... Keep it simple and interesting please, I promise, I will endeavor to participate more soon.... :D :D :D

Love it as it is.... ;)

Pete