New member from London Town

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
pianoman

New member from London Town

Post by pianoman » 07 Mar 2016, 21:40

Hello everybody, I'm Steve from East London, I'm in my late 30's. I've only just discovered this site so thought I'd sign up & take a look around.

I've been playing keyboards ever since I can remember. My route into music was apparently when I was very young, 3 or 4 years old maybe! Too young to remember, that's all I know! My parents were walking me around Woolworths when we came across a Bontempi keyboard. By all accounts I screamed the place down until my parents brought it for me. It all went from there. In the 80's I can remember my parents upgrading the Bontempi to a Yamaha electronic keyboard. From that keyboard I went to old old Yamaha B-55 Electone organ. After that came the Electone HE-6 organ. In my late teens I purchased my own Clavinova CVP-83S which I had up until extremely recently. It needed some repair work, but because of it's age nobody would attempt to repair it. I ended up donating to a music school, so they might get another year out of it before it becomes totally unusable. Only last week I took delivery of my new Yamaha CVP-709 which I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with.

My route to the piano is, I believe, slightly unconventional. But as a result of my early experience with the organ I'm not afraid of using pedals and have dabbled in classical organ playing down the years. If I had my way (and if Yamaha actually bothered to make it available to us here the UK) I would have loved to have got myself an Electone Stagea ELS-02. If I ever move to Japan maybe I'll get one! ........ One can dream, can't they?!

Eileen

Re: New member from London Town

Post by Eileen » 07 Mar 2016, 22:27

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy being a member here. Any questions please ask away.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Your Excelency

Post by Your Excelency » 08 Mar 2016, 10:33

Hi Steve, great to see new members joining and hearing new experiences like this. Hope you enjoy the delights of this friendly and enjoyable group, Take good care and enjoy... :D

Pete. ;)

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 08 Mar 2016, 13:25

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum...Pam :D

geoff

Post by geoff » 09 Mar 2016, 00:00

Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum.

Richard

Post by Richard » 09 Mar 2016, 07:16

Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum :D :D

Richard

Roland

Post by Roland » 09 Mar 2016, 17:16

Hello Steve,

Welcome to the forum and many greetings from Canada :-)

Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 24 Mar 2016, 19:15

hi Steve welcome to the forum :)