New member from Belgium

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
julien1946

New member from Belgium

Post by julien1946 » 12 Mar 2016, 11:30

Hello everyone,

First of all, excuse my English because I am French speaking.
My name is Julien and I am from South of Belgium, near Liege. I will be 70 in July.
I have been playing music since early 60's, mostly guitar with different groups. At the end of the 70's, I had to quit playing music for different reasons.
I started back in the mid 90's when making a home studio and starting to play keyboard but in 1997, one of my son passed away and again I quit music.
Three year ago, we solded our house and moved to another place, leaving the bad memories behind us and I decided to rebuild a new home studio.
I bought back the same instruments that I had in the 90's because I love those old sounds and I bought a Yamaha PSR S-750 for new sounds.
I mostly compose my own music, just for pleasure.

In the mid 90's I already bought a Yamaha arranger keyboard but I can't remember which model.
It was a low cost model anyway. I could not get out midi arrangments, it only went out 2 or midi channels.
But it had a style that I loved and I never could find again this style which I would like to find again to use it on my PSR S-750.
Here is link to a song that I made using this style in the 90's, it might ring to someone here.
https://soundcloud.com/julien-garnier-337550725/such-freindship

Kind regards,
Julien

Eileen

Re: New member from Belgium

Post by Eileen » 12 Mar 2016, 12:22

Hello Julien,
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for telling us a little about yourself. I hope you will enjoy being a member here and will join in where ever you can. Try this style and see if it is close to what you are looking for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tyros 5 and S970.

julien1946

Post by julien1946 » 12 Mar 2016, 13:15

Thank you very much Eileen for the welcome and the style.
It's close to what I'm looking for but I'm lookingto a style more strong with these orchestral hits. Thank you anyway :)

Anton55

Post by Anton55 » 12 Mar 2016, 17:58

hello Julien,

welcome to the forum
bienvenue sur le forum,

Greetings from Aalst,
Salutations de Alost

regards
Anton55
Tyros 4 twin- Roland-G70- Bugari accordion- Sonor drums