Polygon

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
polygon

Polygon

Post by polygon » 22 Aug 2016, 10:12

Hello all. Why am I here? I seem to remember that the first keyboard I purchased was a Yamaha - which was to be honest a bit of a letdown. At that time I was playing an organ 2 or 3 times a week mainly for sequence dancing and thought a keyboard would be more practical and convenient. After a few months in the doldrums I 'found' a Technics 5000, I've been with Technics ever since (have two 6500's and one for spares!). I purchased a PSR s-970 last week and I'm still absolutely amazed as to what this keyboard has to offer. I'm playing it with a set of Roland PK5 foot pedals - think I've got to grips with the basics of the keyboard and see joining this forum as the best way to speak with folks with experiance of 'growing with' and playing Yamaha keyboards. I purchased a used Orla Compact Grand organ last year to use at home and to keep up my interest in organs!

Look forward to speaking to you all during the following months.

Regards
Peter

Eileen

Re: Polygon

Post by Eileen » 22 Aug 2016, 11:17

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum. I have had Yamaha keyboards right from the 6700 which is going back a few years now. I also had Tecnics keyboards and organs. I still use a lot of Tecnics Styles which I converted years ago on my Tyros 5 and 970.
I hope you enjoy being a member here and if you have any questions please ask away.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Pamela

Re: Polygon

Post by Pamela » 22 Aug 2016, 14:44

Hi Peter, Welcome to Eileen's forum, I hope you enjoy your stay here, and look forward to hearing some music from you... Pam :)