Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
Kevin Sanders

Post by Kevin Sanders » 09 Sep 2016, 19:54

Hi Everyone,
I've just found this site and I'm so glad I did. I have a PSR-S910 which I bought a few months ago on eBay. It's a brilliant keyboard and, whilst I know it's a bit long in the tooth now I'm having a lot of fun with it!

I have been bitten by the bug now and have added a DD-65 drum kit which triggers on MIDI channel 10 which lets me play drums more naturally than on the keyboard. Not that I'm a drummer, but how hard can it be, right? :)

Now I've just bought an old P-60 piano which I plan to hook up to the PSR keyboard and get the full 88-key experience.

This is typical for me. I tend to go over the top with things. When my partner took up photography a few years ago I bought an old Sigma camera "just to keep her company", but now I have half a dozen cameras, over a dozen lenses and love taking photos and making movies.

My problem is that I'm not really that artistic and try to make up for it with technology. I'm retired from my job in IT now so just please myself. I'm really enjoying my Yamaha keyboard, but I have already decided I want a 970 now or a Tyros 5. It'll be a while though as I don't have that much income now. Annoying now when I have a lot more leisure time. C'est la vie, huh?
Best wishes,
Kevin

Eileen

Re: New member

Post by Eileen » 09 Sep 2016, 22:09

Hello Kevin,
Welcome to the forum. We have lots of different sections which in time I hope you will take a look at and if you have any questions please ask away.

Genos and S970.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » 10 Sep 2016, 09:59

WELCOME
.. Fred

Richard

Post by Richard » 10 Sep 2016, 11:16

Welcome Kevin :D :D

Richard

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 10 Sep 2016, 12:35

Welcome Kevin, I hope you enjoy your stay here... Pam :D

Kevin Sanders

Post by Kevin Sanders » 18 Sep 2016, 17:29

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. I get my P60 on Wednesday and I'll let you know how it goes hooking it up.
I'll be using a small dining table with the piano at the front and the PSR on a 15cm raised platform behind. The P60 will be permanently hooked up through MIDI.
Has anyone else done this sort of thing?
Thanks again for the welcomes.
Best wishes
Kevin