New to this group

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
Pejaysea

New to this group

Post by Pejaysea » 16 Oct 2016, 23:58

I'm taking you up on your suggestion to tell a little about myself.
My name is Pete and I live in Massachusetts, U.S.
I played organ in a band in high school (I graduated back in 1971) and got away from it which was no surprise. I have never had a lesson so I was slow at picking up stuff. But after a chance encounter when I was about 30 I got back into it and played in someone's basement for about 5 years. Lots of fun.
About 25 years ago, was invited to sit in for a weekend gig with some friends. It was playing mostly Irish folk music. I was asked to stay and I'm still doing it. We expanded our repertoire a lot and play all kind of music now. For several years, I've played Roland keyboards. Due to a combination of a death of one member and the relocation of his replacement who each played a very old Yamaha PSR arranger keyboard, I decided that I needed to take on that role. So in August, I bought a PSR S 970 sight-unseen. The initial learning curve has been steep but it's coming along. I'm excited to be learning something new and am pretty sure that I'll branch out to playing as a single in addition to playing with my now Two-man band.
After playing Roland boards for many years, I generally like the sounds of the Yamaha. I hate the action on the PSR S970. It seems incredibly chintzy on what is a pretty sophisticated piece of equipment. But I'm getting past that too. I really like what I see as the capabilities of this keyboard.

Dragon

Re: New to this group

Post by Dragon » 17 Oct 2016, 10:10

WELCOME .. Fred

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 17 Oct 2016, 10:40

Hello Pete and welcome to the forum. The S970 is a very nice little keyboard. I have one as well as my Tyros 5. Yes the touch is different but you soon get used to it when playing those great sounds and styles. Any questions please ask away. Look in our 970 section and you will find a few downloads you can try.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 17 Oct 2016, 14:15

Hi Pete, Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here... Pam :D

Richard

Post by Richard » 18 Oct 2016, 07:04

Welcome Pete :D :D

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 25 Oct 2016, 19:56