Hi from Scotland

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
elvisbloke

Hi from Scotland

Post by elvisbloke » 15 Nov 2016, 20:16

As of today I am a new member. 2 years ago my wife bought me my first keyboard at the age of 46, a Korg PA900. I couldn't play a note, couldn't read music and had never played a musical instrument of any kind. It was a bucket list request and I thought just go for it.
I had watched the YouTube videos etc of competent players, performers in pubs etc and thought this looks easy. How wrong I was !. I took 2 lessons with a piano teacher and gave up.
My Korg PA900 lay untouched for nearly 2 years then I decided to give it another go. I asked about and found a teacher, highly recommended and super qualified in both piano and keyboards that would take me on. He said he wasn't a big fan of Korg but it didn't really matter. He teaches his students on an old Yamaha PF 1000 piano / keyboard , fully weighted keys, still works fine and sounds great. I asked him after a couple of lessons "if money was no object (within reason) what would you buy, what would make the most practical sense for the home ?." He replied "top of the range Clavinova CVP 609 or 709. A truly wonderful instrument ". I called him a few days later "I've bought a CVP 609".

So here I am the proud owner of a wonderful instrument but as yet I'm not ready for the world stage. This week will be lesson 20. I pay for an hours tuition and he usually gives me an extra 2 hours free, a very kind gesture from a teacher who just loves what he does. I practice 4-5 days per week. Most days I love it, other days I want to cry and take a hammer to it with frustration.

Hopefully one day, God willing (I'm going to need a lot of time) I will be able to call myself a musician. I sing not too badly but the ability to play along would be a dream come true.

Thanks for having me on your forum.

Dragon

Re: Hi from Scotland

Post by Dragon » 15 Nov 2016, 21:55

WELCOME .. Fred

geoff

Post by geoff » 15 Nov 2016, 21:58

Hi Elvisbloke
Welcome to the forum which you will enjoy.
Carry on with your lessons and we look forward to a post from you soon !

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 15 Nov 2016, 23:06

Hello Elvisbloke,
Welcome to the forum. The CVP's are lovely instruments especially if you want to play piano technique rather than keyboard.
We have a nice members performance page where you will hear some of the members playing there keyboards. I hope you will give it a look. Hope you enjoy being a member here.

Genos and S970.

jackoj

Post by jackoj » 16 Nov 2016, 18:53

Welcome Elvisbloke from Scotland, My pal here in the N.E. has a Yamaha CVP709 and it is a lovely piano,he had the 609 which was also a beautiful piano,love to hear you perform when you feel ready. ATB. jackoj. :) :) :)
Yamaha Tyros5 TRX +Roland AT80SL

HAPPY PLAYING TO ALL