Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
poppyleanie

Post by poppyleanie » 24 Nov 2016, 12:32

hello to everybody who plays keyboard, i am so glad i found eileens forum. as a new member i will have find my way round the site. i am a retired civil enginner, worked for a number of large construction co,s in uk and overseas contractors, but always wanted to play a mus ical instrument. back in the late seventies i saw a casio with i believe 5/7 rhythm styles and possibly 12 voices, i bought it and was carried away with it i was hooked. from the seventies up to today is past history, i have lost count off the organs and keyboards i have owned. but my last 3 keyboards has consisted of, tyros 1/ psr3000/ and know the psr s 770, which for my needs is great, only down part was speakers, weak. but i did not expect them to be great considering the cost of the psr 770. but cured this very quickly,. bought a second hand logitec home cinema kit. giving out about 100watts of power and the difference in sound quality unbelievable. i just play for pleasure/ hobby. my best regards to everybody on the forum.god bless.

Eileen

Re: new member

Post by Eileen » 24 Nov 2016, 12:59

Hello and welcome to the forum,
The 770 is a very nice keyboard and a little tweaking of the EQ settings would have given you more body to the sound. I have uploaded some registrations and styles in the 970 section but they should work OK on the 770 if you would like to try them.
We have a nice performers page where you will hear members playing there keyboards and perhaps when ready you would like to post us a song there.
Any questions you may have please ask away and I hope you will enjoy being a member here.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Dragon

Re: new member

Post by Dragon » 24 Nov 2016, 20:06

WELCOME .. Fred