Senior Care Serenade

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
Backporch Music

Senior Care Serenade

Post by Backporch Music » 18 Apr 2017, 13:07

As a mobile musician with a Tyros4, a Roland 550 amp, a mixer and microphones mounted on a customized tired card, my wife and I travel central Pennsylvania (USA) providing free entertainment of old time music to senior centers, nursing homes etc.
I'm a fake book fanatic using large print and bright lights to read single note melodies with left hand chords. The electronic genius of Tyros makes the presentation sound professional. Age mandates reading because memory is no longer reliable. Thousands of styles give hours of non repeitive memories of days gone by.

Eileen

Re: Senior Care Serenade

Post by Eileen » 18 Apr 2017, 13:26

Hi Backporch Music and welcome to the forum. Pleased let us know your name as it is easier for members to reply with. I hope you will enjoy being a member here and perhaps when ready you would like to post us some of your music in our Performers section.

Genos and S970.

Backporch Music

Post by Backporch Music » 18 Apr 2017, 14:57

Thanks for including me in the forum. My name is Dick, I'm located in rural Central Pennsylvania (USA).
I have a Tyros1 and a Tyros4 as well as a Yamaha 400 series hand crafted 6 string guitar and a Taylor 12 string guitar.
I'm a semi self trained musician who sight reads lead line music in simple keys (2 flats to 3 sharps) and make much use of the Tyros Transposers
I maintain a Roland 550 amp as primary with 2 Peavey KB-100s for backup or chained for larger venues. I have Peavey, Alesis and Yamaha mixers and several Shure SM58s. At 72 and retired, I use fold out ramps to loan my equipment into my Nissan NV200 cargo van (the music truck). For 2017 our schedule includes 144 plannned performances as well as 2 additional monthly openings for a local country band. Summer brings unexpected additions for picnics and family reunions and I'd like to continue to learn more about the "bells and whistles" for my Tyros 4 that I have yet to exploit.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » 18 Apr 2017, 19:22

WELCOME .. Fred

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 18 Apr 2017, 22:35

Welcome to our friendly forum... Pam :D

geoff

Post by geoff » 19 Apr 2017, 20:21

Welcome to the forum Dick.
Hope to hear some of your music on this forum!

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 19 Apr 2017, 21:00

Welcome to this forum Dick you will find all the help you may need here
Tom

Backporch Music

Post by Backporch Music » 20 Apr 2017, 14:08

I'm always trying to learn why cetain features are used and preferred. I have collected hundreds of style files and with 3 intros, 3 endings and 4 different combinations within the style, I'm faced with so many available combinations multiplied by all the instrument choices I have not bothered to set my own registrations when it's so easy to just flow through changes "on the fly". Can someone help me undertand what I'm missing?

Your Excelency

Post by Your Excelency » 22 Apr 2017, 13:18

Hiyah Dick
and welcome from me too, you sound like you are keeping busy, well done buddy, you will love it here.
We're all batty here, you'll notice as you trawl through the sections. Join in and have a laugh too and you'll find plenty of support and good advice and instructional how to's as well.....

Pete :D :D

greenb

Post by greenb » 22 Apr 2017, 17:08

Hello and Welcome,

We are practically neighbors. I live in NE Ohio about 40 miles from PA. I too have been playing at Senior facilities for about 6 years now and I am 70. Right now I am off schedule due to health issues and I am hopeful of being able to resume at sometime. I really miss it!
I have played organ since age 12. I also play a Tyros 4 along with a Hammond SK1. I have been using Yamaha for several years now and the TY4 is my third Yamaha.

As for making your changes on the fly; I have done that with all the organs over the years. Now with the memory and ability to make your own Registrations it gives so many more possible choices and control. Such as being able to set your levels of volume of one voice verses another and so many variables. Then you can recall all those settings instantly. It really opens up a lot of things that would not be possible otherwise. However even using Regs I still make changes on the fly sometimes; usually via OTS. Try it and I think you will be pleasantly surprised how great Regs are and you can let the keyboard do the remembering!

I also play a Tyros 4 along with a Hammond SK1. I have been using Yamaha for several years now and the TY4 is my third Yamaha.

greenb

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 28 Apr 2017, 21:43

hi Dick welcome to the forum :)