Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
Tom Wills

Post by Tom Wills » 31 May 2017, 14:50

Hello My name is Tom Wills Originally from Glasgow, Scotland, but on retiring 13 years ago we moved -lock stock and barrel -to sunny Spain----A couple of years ago I bought a Tyros 2----Only for personal use plus the odd bbq--- Am having trouble getting to grips with the "computer " side of keyboard-------such as registrations --Should I install a hard drive , etc? -
I'm at the stage now , where I'm looking for more Styles----Not sure of best way to obtain these ---Should I buy a memory stick full of new Styles( Such as those for sale on E bay)----Can I buy a specific style for a specific song What I would really like -if possible -is to be able to call on someone with experience of Tyros , to resolve any queries /questions My e mail address is thw35@yahoo.co.uk
Muchas Gracias Tom Wills

ps My musical preference leans heavily towards Country Music----We run a Country music club here in Murcia Spain

Dragon

Re: New Member

Post by Dragon » 31 May 2017, 15:03

WELCOME .. Fred

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 31 May 2017, 15:39

Hello Tom,
Welcome to the forum. Any questions you may have just ask away. We have a Tyros 2 section on here. My experience with styles from E Bay is they are not very good and usually are a collection of stuff picked up from various forums. The styles I post on the forum are all tweaked by me and OTS added so I know they will work OK. There are two types of format for styles SFF1 which are used on the older keyboards and SFF2 which are used on newer models. This is due mostly to the fact that voicing has changed and the latter keyboards have what is called Megga voicing used in these styles which is not on earlier models.
I have some country styles which I will sort out when I can for you to try.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 01 Jun 2017, 15:55

Hi Tom, Welcome to the forum, and lucky you retiring to sunny Spain, lovely country, enjoy your stay here... Pam :D

Richard

Post by Richard » 03 Jun 2017, 07:58

Hi Tom, Welcome to the forum :D :D

Richard

Backporch Music

Post by Backporch Music » 03 Jun 2017, 11:56

Hi!
There are MANY sources of style files and many Tyros and PRS files are somewhat interchangeable but quality varies. Eileen's are always fun and of course the files from Yamaha provide balance that holds true when tempo, key or octave are changed. For Country, I like to play a pedal steel guitar and for the second verse I increase the octave. It's especially effective with Bob Wills numbers (Maiden's Prayer and San Antonio Rose).
Like most, I do collect "free" styles and some are excellent for a specific song but many do not adapt well and a switch from OTS "A", "B" sometime give unexpected unbalanced instrumentation for different songs.
Fair enough to say, originators usually expent a lot of effort and genius to develop the best style files.
Retirees are usually the generous folks who freely share the results of their effort.
In conclusion, we usually get what we pay for and of course the lucky find exceptions. I've paid for Neil Blake's style files and found them acceptable. Here's the www address of his company.
Don't hesitate use files from this website when exploring what's available.
www.stylediskwarehouse.com/tyros.htm

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 05 Jun 2017, 16:07

hi there Tom im from blantyre welcome to the forum Tyros 2 is a cracker i would fit Memory and also a hard drive there are some great sound Packs out there from TTT and also pemo but you need memory for the sounds as for styles well they dont take much Room up :)