Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
Dusty

Post by Dusty » 22 Jul 2017, 22:21

Hi my name is Harry and i've just purchased a PSR S770 I had a Tyros 1 when they first came out which I purchased second hand but like a fool I sold it cheap, it had the sound system with it' The S770 is not quite same but feels similar the S970 is more like it with the tv connector. I've just purchased a ipad second hand and hope to connect it up to the keyboard I just need the Dongle or camera connecter. I downloaded chord tracker and song book apps so I hope they all work. all the best Harry.

Eileen

Re: New member

Post by Eileen » 23 Jul 2017, 12:09

Hello Harry and welcome to the forum. The 770 is a very nice little keyboard but will feel different from your Tyros 1. The keybed is different on these keyboards but you soon get used to it. If we can be of any help please ask away. We have a section for 770/970 keyboards.
I hope you will enjoy being a member here.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » 23 Jul 2017, 14:05

WELCOME .. Fred

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 23 Jul 2017, 17:06

Hi Harry, A big welcome to the friendly forum... Pam :)

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 02 Aug 2017, 15:49

Hi Harry, welcome to the forum :)

Dusty

Post by Dusty » 05 Aug 2017, 13:10

Thanks for your welcomes guys I got the camera kit and the chord tracker works fine, i'm hoping to get the Yamaha Dongle next. I happened to have a midi connector all ready so the camera kit works fine with it. I now need to connect my keyboard up to my Daw (Studio One Artist) so I can record Audio as well as midi. I'm going thro AudioBox usb interface it records midi ok but I can't get audio to work.

geoff

Post by geoff » 05 Aug 2017, 13:23

WELCOME to the forum Harry.

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 05 Aug 2017, 13:34

You can record Audio on your keyboard as well as midi.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Ian Kay

Post by Ian Kay » 08 Aug 2017, 06:52

Hey,
My name is Ian Kay. I'm a retired H.S.Band/Orchestra director (30yrs) and a tenor sax/singer. It has become cost prohibitive today to perform with anything larger than a trio, so I sought the best performance/workstation I could find. I bought the Tyros 5-76. Now I am working my left hand chords daily, in the hope of beginning a solo career next year, and perhaps incorporating a few horns and creating the sound of a nonet ensemble for larger gigs. I am an eclectic singer (from 50s through to the mid 80s, with many years as a wedding singer.) Music died for me during the mid 80s. I grew up in an acoustical world, and now I am being sorely tested by by digital devices. I am presently on Tyros video overload, and have become lost because I have not as yet absorbed the fundamentals of the Yamaha processes, and need some, no, a lot of guidance. Yamaha techies can at times be somewhat condescending. "It isn't rocket science Ian." Really? I haven't figured out how to access the info that I transferred into the thumb drive, and placed into the Tyros. Most of the folders appear empty. If anyone can give me some info as to what I might be doing wrong, or missing in the process, I would gratefully appreciate it.
Thanks, Ian

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 08 Aug 2017, 12:03

Hello Ian and welcome to the forum. Tyros 5 is a lovely instrument and once you grasp a few things it is not hard to use.
As far as folders go once you create one it will show in all sections. An example is that if you named the folder styles but you have pressed the Registration button"J" first, when you open the folder it will be empty. If you then press the Style button "D" and open the folder it will show the styles. The one thing to remember when copying folders from USB is to make sure you have pressed the right button first and then copy and paste.

"J" for registrations "D" for styles "F" for Multi pads and "A" for midi songs.

You can save all four types in one folder but you must be in the right section to see them.

Tyros 5 and S970.

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 08 Aug 2017, 17:32

hi Ian welcome to the forum :)

beekay

Post by beekay » 08 Aug 2017, 18:11

Hi Ian
Welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a member of this forum as it is very well run by Eileen.
If you indicate roughly where you live there may be a member living close by who could help you with your Tyros.
Regards
Brian