Greetings to y'all

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
Ian Kay

Greetings to y'all

Post by Ian Kay » 16 Aug 2017, 08:25

Hey there ,
My name is Ian Kay. I'm a former Mancunian, living in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
I've been a HS Choral, Band and Orchestra director, a tenor sax player and singer. For my 75th
birthday my family bought me a Tyros5-76, and I love it, and the potential for me to continue my musical career.
But all my musical knowledge is not sufficient to get me through this challenging digital process. I am in awe
of the Yamaha/Tyros community who can speak with authority on these issues so precisely, concisely, and
with such ease. My goal is to transfer my arrangements (jazz, rock, pop) from Finale on the Mac to the Tyros,
and then tweak the the instruments, perform solo, and still be able to add a few live horns when the gig will pay.
I make an annual pilgrimage to England to see my remaining aunties who are now 97 and 95, and take them for lunch
at Barton Grange in Cumberland. They are the last of 17 aunties and uncles from both sides. They doted on me all my life,
and have allowed me to remain a teenager all this time. However, I am now on Tyros overload, having taken copious noted from Tyros
videos, reading PSR lessons, and reading forum questions and answers. I think I went too far, too fast. I can't seem to find the
material once I put it into the Tyros using the thumb drive. I have many questions, but the answer to this will move me along at this time.
I'm very happy to have found this forum, and hope that I can add to the material once I complete my journey with the basic processes.
Cheers to y'all.
IanK

Dragon

Re: Greetings to y'all

Post by Dragon » 16 Aug 2017, 10:10

WELCOME .. Fred

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 16 Aug 2017, 11:07

Hello Ian and welcome to my forum. Will be pleased to help you out in any way we can. Just ask away.
When looking for things on a thumb drive always make sure you have selected the correct section on Tyros 5 to look in. By that I mean that if you are looking for styles then press Button "D" first. For songs press Button "A" for registration banks press button "J". Then tab to the USB and you will see them. Then you can either use them from the stick or copy them onto your hard drive.
Hope you will enjoy being a member here.

Genos and S970.

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 16 Aug 2017, 13:43

Hi Ian, Welcome to the friendly forum... Pam :D

tyrosman

Post by tyrosman » 16 Aug 2017, 15:26

hi Ian welcome to the forum :)

geoff

Post by geoff » 16 Aug 2017, 20:42