DGX++

Please Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your musical journey plus what keyboard you have.
GeraldR

DGX++

Post by GeraldR » 08 Sep 2017, 19:07

Loooong time Yamaha user. Bought a YC-25D combo organ in 1972 ... luggable rather than portable (once broke a carry handle); bass pedals and stand are separate and also more than heavy enough (traded in my Farfisa combo :( ). Since have accumulated Yamaha DX-7, PSR-292, DGX-505 and twin MS150 amplifiers - also a 2.5 hp outboard, not that that's relevant. Currently shopping for a DGX-650 or 660. Some played a little, some a lot. The PSR is great for use on vacation trips. I also have several other keys including a Karn portable pump organ, a Hohner Clavinet, a Wurlitzer (3 manuals, 25 bass, internal Leslie) and a Novation X-station 61. I am currently looking at combining midi foot pedals with a new model DGX for road work - I am used to playing 25+ pedals with 2 feet; Yamaha docs are marginally useful in this regard. Reason for X-station is 9+ assignable sliders plus controls to support Hammond emulation - but need a dedicated tablet to make this practical. I've always thought Yamaha manages to minimize cross-talk within voices although this is a bug rather than a feature for certain organ voices.
Wonder why there is no DGX subforum(s).

Eileen

Re: DGX++

Post by Eileen » 09 Sep 2017, 10:51

Hello Gerald,
Welcome to the forum. I think most members here use Tyros or S Series keyboards. We are now waiting to hear about the new release which will be soon.
Hope we can be of some use to you.

Genos and S970.

Pamela

Re: DGX++

Post by Pamela » 09 Sep 2017, 15:30

Hi Gerald, Welcome to the friendly forum... Pam :D