Cannot get boxnet/box.com to work properly on iMac.

Geordielad

Cannot get boxnet/box.com to work properly on iMac.

Post by Geordielad » 24 Feb 2014, 09:37

Hello, well after seeking advice from numerous sources and with likes and dislikes as to Mac compared to windows I decided to get a iMac.
I am hopeless with computers and rely on help from my Daughters to get things done, and they are no experts but do their best to help me.
The problem I have (and I'm sure it won't be the last till I get used to the Mac :roll: ) is:-
When I go onto this Forum and click on a members performance the boxnet screen appears BUT THERE IS NO BAR THAT I CAN CLICK ON TO GET THE SONG TO PLAY,
only the mp3 file name but with no play symbol, it has the option to download.
I can download the song and listen to it, but this is a bit of a pain. I have a iPad and this works fine.
I have downloaded the Box Sync app, and this only downloaded all my mp3 files from box to my iMac?.

Any Ideas as to what I need to do?, Bill.

Roland

Re: Cannot get boxnet/box.com to work properly on iMac.

Post by Roland » 24 Feb 2014, 16:33

Hello Bill,

Most web sites - unfortunately - run Adobe's Flash software. Same with Box or SoundCloud. So if you use Safari as your browser, just download the Flash plug-in from apple.com. The same if you use any other browser. As a browser on the Mac I can recommend Google Chrome. It is solid and you can configure it to all your likes, plus use the Google platform if you like to use things line YouTube, Google+, Gmail or your contacts and documents in the Google cloud.

FireFox is not bad either as browser on the Mac. Safari - the default browser - is in my view just a bit backwards and has not kept up with the most current browser technologies.

Hope this helps. If you get stuck downloading, etc. - just let me know what browser you want to use. I can then find the download link for you.

Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D

Geordielad

Post by Geordielad » 25 Feb 2014, 16:26

Hello Roland, thank you so much for this very helpful information, I will wait till my Tech guys (my Daughters ;) ) have time at the weekend hopefully, and we will try your recommendations.
It,s good to know help is at hand if I need it.
Very grateful for your time on this matter, it is greatly appreciated, Bill.

Geordielad

Post by Geordielad » 01 Mar 2014, 16:33

Hello again, just to let anyone interested and A BIG THANK YOU TO ROLAND that I now have this problem solved, Roland you were spot on with your advice, it just needed adobe flash player installed.
I also installed "Firefox" as a browser. Bill. :)