Recording to CD Disk

Danny

Recording to CD Disk

Post by Danny » 12 Oct 2014, 10:10

I am Using Windows 8, and I curse the day I have come across it, Anyway, I am not sure of how to Record to CD Disk, because I have only one CD writer, I have some MP songs on a usb stick, and I want to put them on the CD disk, , should I have to put them in Audio first, I just can`t remember how I used to do it, when I was using Windows xp.

Thank Danny

tyrosman

Re: Recording to CD Disk

Post by tyrosman » 12 Oct 2014, 10:28

all it should be is copy and paste them to your cd :)

Michael R

Post by Michael R » 12 Oct 2014, 11:04

That would just put the mp3 files onto the CD. I think Dany wants to convert them to standard audio CD format. I haven't done this for ages but have always used Windows Media Player. We have 2 laptops and I use the Windows 7 one whenever possible. I hate Windows 8. I've just looked and Windows Media Player does not seem to be included in Windows 8 But there is a link to a Microsoft down load site. There are 2 versions. One for Windows * and one for 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/wind ... dia-player

Michael
Genos, Fender Precision bass, Orange Bass Amp.

Alf

Post by Alf » 12 Oct 2014, 11:25

Hi.

I use ROXIO EASY C D burning . I think this is a great programme. Just a suggestion. Hope you get there

Cheers Alf

Danny

Post by Danny » 12 Oct 2014, 12:28

Hello Michael, Many thanks for understanding my problem, You have hit the nail on the head, I don`t think it`s worth
my while, buying other stuff, , I know I`ve made a mistake buying Windows 8.1, Funny how we all fall for
these mistakes. looks like I Shall have to forget it
Danny

Michael R

Post by Michael R » 12 Oct 2014, 14:14

HI Danny. I played around with the Windows 8 laptop and if you go into the view where you see the 'apps" rather than the home page, and type Windows Media Player, It opens and you can burn CDs in the usual way like Windows 7. But when you close it, WMP disappears again!!! The only way I can find to open it is to type it's name in the 'app view' page!! Very strange!! Do you have iTunes? I've never done it but I believe you can make a CD and convert to different formats. Apparently, Windows 10 is coming out soon (don't know what happened to 9)!!! It can't be any worse than 8. I think I'd get a Mac if I could afford one. I've never heard a Mac owner say anything bad about it!!

Hope you manage to sort it

Michael
Genos, Fender Precision bass, Orange Bass Amp.

Danny

Post by Danny » 12 Oct 2014, 15:45

Hello Michael, Thank you for taking so much trouble and interest,can`t thank you enough, I will follow up your suggestions, in the meantime, Kind Regards To You,

Danny

stijn

Post by stijn » 12 Oct 2014, 16:15

Hi Danny,

I would advise using the VLC player to replace the Media Player. It's my favorite!
It can play audio and video files, even a DVD - no need for a separate program. You can use it to convert audio and video files and it will burn directly to CD, DVD....

You can download it for free: http://vlc-media-player.nl.softonic.com/

And with this little program, you can turn your Windows 8 into Windows 7 mode. It will return the Start button and many other useful Win 7 views and ways of doing things.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Enjoy,

Stijn.
If there's no Tyros in heaven, I totally won't be going!