Ipad

Tomhip

Ipad

Post by Tomhip » 07 Nov 2014, 17:09

Hi folks this problem must have come up before but I can't find any thing in the archives can some one help please!
I have managed to download sheet music onto my iPad in PDF format and is saved in iBooks, now this is the problem! I have also downloaded Forscore onto the iPad but can't find a way to transfer these files into Forscore I would appreciate some advice.
Tom

abr250

Re: Ipad

Post by abr250 » 07 Nov 2014, 18:46

Hi Tom

I really am a novice with I-pad (only got mine this week) but

it may be that forscore cannot receive files from ibooks ;)

I think most people use dropbox from there it is easy to load to forscore

or you can e-mail it to yourself forscore can also receive files this way

Eileen and MichaelR will be along shortly they will put you right :D :D ;)

all the best

arthur

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 07 Nov 2014, 19:02

Hi Tom,
As Arthur I use dropbox. It is a very handy programme to have. Just load your PDF files to it and they will transfer to your Ipad. Just go to ForScore and select where you want them. I tend to make up set lists for various meetings as this makes things easy to find.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 07 Nov 2014, 19:05

Thanks Arthur You could be right maybe my mistake was that I downloaded my files to IBooks
Again thanks for your speedy response.
Best wishes
Tom

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 07 Nov 2014, 19:07

Thank you Eileen I will give that a bash and will let you know the results
Best wishes
Tom

abr250

Post by abr250 » 07 Nov 2014, 19:15

Hi Tom

Its only what I have read

I do have dropbox installed but only had the ipad this week so still need to get forscore

but that does perhaps seem the most popular music reader

then I have the problem of loading all the music to my ipad :D :D ;)

cheers

arthur

Michael R

Post by Michael R » 07 Nov 2014, 23:19

Sorry Tom. I've only just seen your post. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible to transfer PDFs from iBooks into Forscore. When you get your music PDFs into Dropbox and tap the document to open it, you will see a little rectangular icon with an arrow pointing upwards on the top right. Tap this and it will say "Open in", tap this and you will see several options, iBooks etc and Forscore should be one of them. Just tap the Forscore icon and your music will move to there.

Hope this helps?

Michael
Tyros5-76, Fender Precision bass, Orange Bass Amp.

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 08 Nov 2014, 21:00

Hi Michael
Thanks for your input friend I am still having problems but I believe some of it is down to the pc running windows 8 in my opinion it's the most confusing and irritating programme windows have ever put together give me the apple system every time I have managed to get a couple of music PDFs into Forescore but I don't know quite how I did it so I shall be fiddling for some time I suppose.
Again my thanks to you all.
Tom

Michael R

Post by Michael R » 09 Nov 2014, 01:00

Hi Tom I hate Windows 8. We have a laptop running Windows 7 which is much better that the other one that is mainly my wife's running Windows 8. I've just ordered my first Mac which should be here next week and I've yet to hear a bad word against Macs from anyone who has one!

As I said before, if you can put your music PDFs into Dropbox, then tap the document to open it and you should see a small rectangular icon with and arrow pointing upwards in the top right of the screen. Tap this and you should get several options, one of which in called "Open in". Tap this and you will get a list of options such as iBooks etc. ForScore should show here if you have it installed so just tap the ForScore icon and your music sheet should then appear in ForScore. If it's not doing then please tell us what exactly is happening and maybe one of us will be able to help you.

Michael
Tyros5-76, Fender Precision bass, Orange Bass Amp.

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 09 Nov 2014, 12:05

Hi Michael thanks again for your input I have given the problem a rest for a short while (I don'thave a great deal of patience lately) in my fiddling about I have managed to download over 700 PDFs of sheet music onto crappy windows 8 desktop and you can imagine the look of that so my next task is to get rid of that display :cry: ah well keeps the brain active I suppose!
Best wishes my friend.
Tom

karl

Post by karl » 10 Nov 2014, 17:18

Hi Tom,

Have you tried emailing yourself the PDF? This works in a similar way as someone has said earlier in your replies, all you need to do is click towards the top of the document if you don't see an upward pointing arrow, then you'll get list of various apps that you can open it up in. Click on the one you want (ForScore), then it will open up in that app. Then you can save it in there.

Regards,

Karl

Paul Jones

Post by Paul Jones » 10 Nov 2014, 19:32

Tom,
Once you've downloaded pdf files to iBook, there is no way out ( transfer to other apps ) from within the iPad. You can email the pdf file or print it if you've a printer attached from iBook. You either have to download it again to anything else other than iBook, or do the others suggested to use Dropbox to transfer you pdf files. You can also use iTunes to transfer files, but this may be another topic.
Paul

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 10 Nov 2014, 21:19

Hi Carl and Paul I appreciate your advice but hey I think I'm getting somewhere at last instead of deleting the files on the pc desktop I find that I can right click on the file and send it to drop box on the iPad and of course as you are both well aware from the iPad to Forscore! By the way have you heard the rumour! it seems that a ipad with a 12"/13" display might be in the offing next year for me that would be ideal for my music files.
Thanks both and best wishes.
Tom.

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 11 Nov 2014, 11:35

Hi Arthur I see you are on line how are you getting on with ipad?
Tom (tomhip) :geek: :roll:

Tomhip

Post by Tomhip » 14 Nov 2014, 19:13

Update. I am using Dropbox and Forscore on my iPad and I have sent for a BT air turn with a couple of pedals this will I think be as good as it can be for my music I just wish that the iPad display was bigger ( never satisfied are we?)
Tom