Tyros to Laptop;

Ken Prescott

Tyros to Laptop;

Post by Ken Prescott » 12 Nov 2012, 13:09

Good morning: I have connected my laptop (windows 70 to the Tyros with a one metre Lan Cable.
I get the message: The Router has not been connected by a Lan Cable to the internet, .
Router is first class, works fine, but it is part of a Sky package of, TV,Phone and Internet. it is installed on the other side of the bungalow.
I will not be able to run a lan cable directly from the router, into the music room, where the Tyros is placed.

So far, I have had the Tyros for 15 months, and have not needed to be connected to the internet, so perhaps it is no big deal.

Any advice given, is always appreciated

Ken Prescott

Eileen

Re: Tyros to Laptop;

Post by Eileen » 12 Nov 2012, 14:16

Hi Ken,
In answer to your question you do not connect Tyros to your laptop with a lan cable.You connect yourTyros with a lan cable to your modem/router.You then configure Tyros to connect to IDC.The alternitive would be either a wirless adaptor or mains Lan adapters which cost Approx £38 00 per pair. They are a three pin mains plug with an inbuilt Lan, one of these would plug into a socket near the router and a lan cable to connect from the plug to the modem/router, the second one is pluged in near the tyros and a short lan cable to connect up.It now uses the mains cable within the home to work with the Tyros.
Hope this is of some help,
Eileen.

Tyros 5 and S970.

seawolf

Post by seawolf » 12 Nov 2012, 15:44

Eileen is right Ken you do not need the computer to connect Ty 4 to the internet, just take the lan lead

from the rear of TY4 and straight into your router or to some internet connection. that way your Tyros will

connect to IDC directly.

Tom
every time I think, I think I think a thought

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure

I'm a self made man. I just used shoddy materials.

If at first you don't succeed, Don't try SKYDIVING

Ken Prescott

Post by Ken Prescott » 13 Nov 2012, 12:42

Thanks to Eileen and Tom for your answeres to this query. I will show this to Sheila's son when he comes next, he is my hands on Computer Person. Have looked at the Sky Router, it has slotys for 4 lan cables on the rear

Thank you

Ken Prescott