Can't read your music, try this.

Grayfox

Can't read your music, try this.

Post by Grayfox » 24 Sep 2017, 17:38

Measure the distance between your eyes and the screen, then go and stand in front of one off these cheap spec displays at the same distance and find the pair that is best for you. If like me your eyes are different, buy one pair for the left eye and one pair for the right eye, the lenses are easily changed to make a good pair.
Mine were £1 per pair so for just £2 I have the best specs I have ever had for my Tyros and Desktop PC.

Graham

Val Bess

Re: Can't read your music, try this.

Post by Val Bess » 07 Oct 2017, 17:27

Now that sounds worth trying. Val

greenb

Post by greenb » 08 Oct 2017, 15:49

Super idea I never would have thought of. Thanks, greenb

Backporch Music

Post by Backporch Music » 09 Oct 2017, 11:53

Grayfox,
Excellent solution for vision problems of magnification only and very economical.
For those of us with more complicated corrections (cylindrical, angular correction) A similar savings (not as inexpensive) can be realized by ordering perscription readers only from an online provider.
A standard bifocal from local providers will cost $200-300 (US) or more and the on line readers can be obtained for less than $100 (depending on power and Rx variations). I keep a pair on each keyboard to read music and switch to bifocals to see the audience. Yours is an ingenious solution!