Post a Performance

keyboard ken

Post a Performance

Post by keyboard ken » 10 Apr 2015, 20:11

Hi

Can someone give me a fools guide on how to post a performance, I have a macbook pro and I have put box on it but Im not a computer wizard. I can record and put the recording onto my desktop and I can convert to mp3. I need to know how do I get the mp3 recording from my desk top to the forum

Regards Ken

Roland

Re: Post a Performance

Post by Roland » 10 Apr 2015, 21:42

Hello Ken,

It's quite easy: First open your browser (Safari or Google Chrome or similar) and go to www.box.com.

If you already have an account there, just sign in. If not, then create one. Box is a very save platform, it's free and it is easy to use. Lots of folks on this forum use Box.

Once on Box, create a folder - something like "My forum music" or something. Click on the folder and simply upload your mp3 song to that folder. Then click on the song. Now you see a black window with a player icon in the centre. And on top to the right is a icon that looks like a chain link. Click on that one. This will create a link - something like https://app.box.com/s/1/asdflkasl;asfdlkj

Now when you post on the forum, just write your text, then click on the "URL" button on top of the text box and paste your Box link between the two "url" that show in brackets like "https://app.box.com/s/1/something"

That's it - easy as cake :-). Hope this helps.

Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D

keyboard ken

Post by keyboard ken » 11 Apr 2015, 09:05

Hi Roland,

Many thanks for explaining how it's done I will give it a go

Regards Ken

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 11 Apr 2015, 11:10

Genos and S970.