Hi Folks,

What are free play Styles, can anyone explain for me

Can anyone offer a sample for me to listen to

Regards,

Adrian

Eileen

Re: What are freeplay styles

Post by Eileen » 25 Apr 2016, 17:46

A Free play style is one that contains no drums or specific beat so you can play rubato and not to a strict tempo. You do not tell us what keyboard you have. You will find them on Tyros 4 and 5 and on the new S970.

Genos and S970.

AEB

Post by AEB » 26 Apr 2016, 02:45

Hi Eileen,
Thankyou for your helpful reply, I wish I had known about them years ago because timing was one of my bad faults, still is on some songs

I didn't mention which keyboard I have, didn't think it was important with this question but I have a T2 and T5

I havn't noticed them on the T5, I guess they must be in the styles section

Best Regards

Adrian ( adrianed on the PSR Tutorial Site )

andyg

Post by andyg » 26 Apr 2016, 19:40

You have a few on the T5, like Ethereal Movie, Ethereal Voices, On Broadway and (I think it's called this) Contemporary Horns.

On Broadway's great, as it adds in Horns to go with the usual Strings. Contemporary Horns is more like a Brass Band.

And on my website's Downloads page, you'll find a zip file that contains 'AG Freestyle 1'. Similar to Ethereal Movie, but rather lighter in tone. It will work just fine on the T2.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.
www.andrew-gilbert.com

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni » 27 Apr 2016, 12:03

I downloaded the free play style that Andy has on his website for my prs3000 and it sounds lovely, I'm planning to use the style for the Water is wide , for say the first section and then via registration changing to Irish hymn 2 to give a celtic feel to the song , using of course bag pipes , and in the middle section there are some beautiful chords and I will change over to vox humana and strings .
So thanks Andy for being so kind to share your free play style ............Giovanni

AEB

Post by AEB » 28 Apr 2016, 06:17

Thankyou Andy for your reply,
That has lifted my knowledge a bit more up the ladder

Adrian