New Yamaha Montage keyboard 2016

Mr Jim

New Yamaha Montage keyboard 2016

Post by Mr Jim » 30 May 2016, 21:55

Just bought the new Montage its Wicked!! Used with tyros 5 awesome sound. Yamaha the best if you haven't seen it yet take a look on YouTube

Brian M

Re: New Yamaha Montage keyboard 2016

Post by Brian M » 01 Jun 2016, 12:42

Saw a demo at the Blackpool festival by ITT people,quite impressive I thought,you need a lot of room to house it and time to get your head round it.I also went to a concert at Blackpool Keyboard club in April,it sounded great and powerful.
It did take a lot of setting up,heavy equipment,I wouldn't,like to lug it about.Enjoy yourself with it,and give us a report on the Set up and performance.All the best Brian.

Mr Jim

Post by Mr Jim » 01 Jun 2016, 20:38

Brian M wrote:Saw a demo at the Blackpool festival by ITT people,quite impressive I thought,you need a lot of room to house it and time to get your head round it.I also went to a concert at Blackpool Keyboard club in April,it sounded great and powerful.
It did take a lot of setting up,heavy equipment,I wouldn't,like to lug it about.Enjoy yourself with it,and give us a report on the Set up and performance.All the best Brian.

Yes it is quite a heavy unit however very simple to use doesn't take long to work it out the organ sound are good however I still think Yamaha need to work on the Lesley affect everything else is spot on

Roland

Post by Roland » 02 Jun 2016, 00:45

Hello Jim,

Here too - I look forward to some sound samples from your new Montage :D Have fun with it - I bet it sounds fantastic, especially with all the spacial sounds you can achieve with the "magic knob". Still have to use the ribbon controller and sliders for that on my Motif - hehe.

Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D