music finder files on PC/LAPTOP

golfer

music finder files on PC/LAPTOP

Post by golfer » 05 Aug 2016, 15:52

Hi all can anyone help I'am trying to get the music finder files of the tyros 4 so I can work with them on the lap-top, I have tried the music finder viewer program but it is to complicated for me to load. I play on a tyros5 and psr970s and go to a club night my work on the USB pen does not work on the tyros4. Any help with my problem I would be very great full. Not the best with computer programs. Many thanks Bill.

Your Excelency

Re: music finder files on PC/LAPTOP

Post by Your Excelency » 06 Aug 2016, 00:39

Have a look here for Music finder editor,very good resource for Tyros.... :D :D

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mffm/index.htm

Enjoy!

Pete

golfer

Post by golfer » 06 Aug 2016, 07:54

Hi Pete
Thank you for the link I will jive it a try. Many thanks Bill

Ed B

Post by Ed B » 08 Aug 2016, 02:15

May I also recommend Murray Best's Registration Editor
http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html
Regards
Ed B

Fred

Post by Fred » 08 Aug 2016, 10:52

Hi Bill

You have several links to various programs which are all very good, however unless you have the time to learn how to use them you might struggle for a while, however if you stick at it, it will be worth it.

You do not really give us enough info as to why things do not work on the Tyros 4 - I am not to sure what you are trying to achieve. A little bit more info might allow us to help you directly.

Fred
GENOS

golfer

Post by golfer » 11 Aug 2016, 12:33

Hi Fred
The problem is that when I play a peace of music on the tyros5 move it to the usb take it to the club night and try to playing on the tyros 4 it does not sound the same. my thoughts was if I get the style from the tyros 4 music finder and then play it on the 5 it would sound Wright when I play it at the club.Hope this makes sense.
Many thanks Bill

Fred

Post by Fred » 11 Aug 2016, 14:36

Hi Bill

Yes it now makes sense - there are a couple of things to be aware of.

The Music Finder is simply a suggestion facility to select a song style to a particular song tune and set the tempo. Nothing else.

If you transfer the suggested style to a USB stick and then play it on a Tyros 4 it will almost always sound different for many reasons
The Tyros 5 does sound completely different to the T4. The sound engine is different and you have many more DSP settings.
The voices that you hear on the T5 may not be on the T4 hence what it will do is select the nearest equivalent.

What you need to do is take Your T5 to the Music Club and let the others here the difference, then maybe someone more able to transport the keyboard will buy one . You could then use someone else's T5 rather than the T4 you now use.

You could try saving the voice settings on your T5 into a registration using the style that has been saved to the USB Stick. It might then be a bit more of the same. As Eileen has said, they will need to be converted to use on the T4
Fred
Last edited by Fred on 11 Aug 2016, 19:12, edited 2 times in total.
GENOS

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 11 Aug 2016, 17:53

I think you will find that Tyros 5 registrations will not load into Tyros 4. I do have all the onboard styles from my Tyros 4 that I saved and if you think these will help you please let me know. You can add your own OTS and they will work OK.

Genos and S970.

golfer

Post by golfer » 12 Aug 2016, 09:28

Hi Eileen and Fred
Thank you both for your reply and help. Eileen thanks I would love to take up your offer if it's not to complicated. Can I ask you both as good players if you hear a bad comment about your playing how does this affect you and how to get over it.
Again many thanks to you both Bill.

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 13 Aug 2016, 14:29

Hi Bill,
There is a big difference between Bad comments and constructive ones. I am always open to constructive critique because that is how we learn to improve our performances. Others can sometimes see little glitches that if we are told about them we will perhaps put in a bit more practice or try it a different way. We can all learn a lot from others and I think this is a good thing.
Please post some music for us and I can safely say you will not get bad comments.

Genos and S970.

golfer

Post by golfer » 13 Aug 2016, 16:15

Hi Eileen
Thank you for your reply the reason I asked the question is that it makes you really flat and hard to get back up again the question came up at the club and when your learning makes everything a waste of time. Many thanks Bill.

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 13 Aug 2016, 17:36

If you are at a Club and members know you are learning then they should always encourage and offer help. If they don't then that is very sad. We have all been there.
I sent the Tyros 4 styles to you via E Mail. Did you get them OK.

Genos and S970.