Help for Partially Sighted

Moderator: Admin

Eileen

Help for Partially Sighted

Post by Eileen » 06 Oct 2017, 17:21

Hi,
Has anyone heard if there is any form of help on Genos for the partially sighted as they feel the touch screen will Make things difficult for them.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Roland

Re: Help for Partially Sighted

Post by Roland » 06 Oct 2017, 19:21

Hello Eileen,

I just spoke with Heidrun about this. And the answer is that there is not really that much of help for people with eyesight problems. If just picking styles and voices, then that could still work for those folks because the "touch buttons" are pretty big and always in the same location. But once you get into the details of voices, EQ, etc. - then it could be rather difficult for them. It is almost like navigating a new cell phone - you do need to see the icons and stuff to make full use of it.

The display overall can be "calibrated". But that's just a minor adjustment to have the screen centred - so not really much of a help other than that.

I wonder if maybe the external monitor display could be aiding in that somehow? But that is just an idea for now - not sure what adapters are available for that at this point - it will be USB 2.0 adapters and a list of compatible adapters should be out sometimes this November.

To give you an example of one of those adapters, see the one they used for the Montage presentations - this one here: https://www.amazon.de/Delock-USB-2-0-DV ... 0USB%202.0

Hope this helps. Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D